Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hump Day Treat, Almost New Year Edition

Normally on Wednesday at Rock and the Single Girl, I find myself looking back -- either for a video of an old favorite, a recent find, or maybe a band or song I'd heard about awhile ago but never had a chance to investigate.

But it is, after all, just a few hours until a new year begins, and I find myself instead looking forward to what new music will come out of 2010.

And so today we're serving up a live video from one of the bands I am most excited for: The Shondes. Hailing from Brooklyn, and with several national tours and a heartbreakingly good debut LP already under their belts, The Shondes are preparing to release a new record next year, and I could not be happier to support them. Check them out on this bright, cold, final hump day of 2009.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I like this... They remind me a lot of The Third Sex actually (whom I LOVE). Def need to hear more of them.

jamie said...

OMG, the Third Sex. I never got as into them as I would have liked, but they are definitely major candidates for blog featuration!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the video, the Shondes are so ridiculously good. And thanks for the comments!

SISSY said...

The Shondes rule! I saw them live in Bloomington, IN at a show w/ only 10 people in the audience and they absolutely KILLED it.

Also, I have to say that it makes me very happy to see such a bunch of talented yideles in the queercore scene.